SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I have had problems with my NG900 V6 dying out. The engine starts right up and will sometimes hold idle, but if I put it in drive it dies out. Sometimes it will hold idle long enough to put it in drive and get rolling. Once I'm moving the car drives perfect until coming to stop, then dies.
When I restart I sometimes get a loud noise coming from belt. I'm also getting a CEL. After sitting all night the car will more than likely start up and drive fine for an hour or so, then start the dying out at stops.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
Very much appreciated!
Thank you!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Rather than just a rebuilt throttle body, I'd go for a newer car, IMO.
Too many issues
CEL
noises(timing belt pulley?)
water pump ?
stalling
what next?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so... you think this could be something major rather than minor? It seems like this problem only occurs during the hot weather. and the CEL only pops up every so often and just recently.
What would cause it to stall out only every so often during hot weather?
Can this be fuel related?
Sometimes I do feel like getting a new car, but love the look, hatch and the way she drives.
Maybe I should look into a newer model.

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
so... you think this could be something major rather than minor? It seems like this problem only occurs during the hot weather. and the CEL only pops up every so often and just recently.
What would cause it to stall out only every so often during hot weather?
Can this be fuel related?
Sometimes I do feel like getting a new car, but love the look, hatch and the way she drives.
Maybe I should look into a newer model.

Thanks
My Dad's V6 has had this issue twice. First time was exactly as you described, ended up being a cam sensor, and the ignition switch needed cleaned. The second time the car would choose when it felt like starting. Took it to a Saab mechanic, he cleaned up a few electrical connections and got it back to running great. Currently has 190,xxx.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info!

Do you guys know where the cam sensor and ignition switch is located on the V6? Any diagrams, cleaning or test instructions? I can check on this tomorrow..

Thanks very much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts