SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum and Saabs in general. Had a few Volvo's but haven't had a Saab up till now. I just got the car in trade for one of my old projects. 05 with 105k miles on it. The issue I'm having is that the drivers door controls have gone wacky on me. The driver window goes up and down fine, along with the driver side back window.
But the passenger front window doesn't respond at all to the switch and the passenger back seat will only go down and not back up. All of the windows work at their own switches, just not the drivers. The drivers lock button is also unresponsive, but the FOB and passenger lock button lock all of the doors fine. The power mirror control also only adjusts the passenger mirror regardless of which mirror is selected, and will only go up or down and not side to side. I checked the fuses for the control module and it was fine. Also unplugged the connection in the driver door jam, cleaned and reconnected to no avail.
I haven't had the car long but I swear all of this worked yesterday, I went outside when it was pouring to see if the sunroof leaked and had the door open for a short time in the rain, wondering if water could have gotten somewhere it shouldn't have. I've always heard the Saab electrical gremlins stories and I'm just hoping I can either fix or at least figure out what the problem might be. Thanks guys! Sorry if this has been done to death but I searched and found similar things but nothing like this.

·
Super Moderator
19,619 Posts
Driver's side door switchpack is toast. Replace. Make sure you get the right one (antipinch or no antipinch....AKA windows auto up or dont). Needs Tech2 to marry to vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driver's side door switchpack is toast. Replace. Make sure you get the right one (antipinch or no antipinch....AKA windows auto up or dont). Needs Tech2 to marry to vehicle.
Well crap, I figured as much considering it didn't fix itself overnight. Doesn't really bother me enough to change it yet but for reference how much does a tech2 scan normally run? This is the first "GM" car I've owned so I've got no clue on what that would cost. I'll try to find a mom and pop but not sure about that around here.

·
Super Moderator
19,619 Posts
Depends on the mechanic. Usually an hour of labor, maybe a half if you are lucky. They need to have a Tech2 and Saab software.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts