SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere actually a few places that if you pull fuse 17 which is the ECU reset back to factory if you hold leave it out for 10min fuse... So i went and tried it now like a dumb a** and I was chillen timing it and stuff.. so 10min was up put the fuse back in try to start the car.. hmm guess what happen... yup car won't start kept trying and trying and trying.... i even called up the dealership and they couldn't help me.. pulled the fuse out and stuck it back in then the car started.. i dont think i will be doing that anytime soon.I am happy though because i turn the day around by replacing my pedal..brake and gas.. and all the bulbs on the interior to blue bulbs so the day wasn't all that bad.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pab95 said:
I've pulled fuse 17 at least 2 dozen times and have never had any issues afterward! :confused:
Yeah i dont know if it'sd because its the first time i pulled it or what.. but it happened..are you suppose to noticed something when u reset the ecu or what?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
j006 said:
I know the festoon type bulbs are an easy swap - did you change all the dash panel bulbs as well? I've been thinking about doing this and swapping the green out for superwhite LED's...Cheers.
Yeah i havent gotten to that yet but maybe that going to be my next mission on the interior..ill tell update you when i start working on it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i did.. i pulled the fuse for 2 second put it back in and everything was back to normal. no problems since other than me not being able to drive without sport mode i can't seem to be able to drive in normal mode it's so slow lol.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Teckniec1999 9-5V6 said:
Did you ever get your car started?
Yes, read the 2nd half of the post! :lol:

You probably had a bad connection on one of the connectors on the fuse or something. I've also done it without consequence.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup like i said i wont ever be doing that again.. there arent any codes that i need to reset.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i did it already this mourning.. reason why i was testing out the little fact that the ecu was a learning computer. i dunno my car feel sluggish so i wanted to reset it to factory then take it on the highway.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Wulf said:
When and why do you want to reset the ECU?
Extreme example:

The car is owned by an 80 year old woman who drives like every day's a Sunday.
The ECU adapts for this kind of driving.

Old woman snuffs it (sad I know but she's not real, it's only an example)

The car is inherited by her 18 year old grandson who wants to thrash it around town to impress the ladies.

Popping the fuse to reset the ECU's adaptations will allow the young lad to re-train the ECU for his kind of driving.

And they all lived happily ever after, well, except for the old lady :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What would have happened if the old lady had driven for a few days gently then scream the c*** out of it without ever pulling the fuse? Would it compensate anyway on its own ?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Eventually, I have no idea what length of time, I suppose that'd be like the length of a piece of string.

Think of it like like the average MPG displayed on SID.
If I want to know what average MPG I've done with a particular fuel, mod etc then I reset the counter to remove any previously stored data. Popping fuse 17 is a similar kinda thing.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
It adapts fairly quickly in my experience. I usually drive relatively calm, always trying to get good mileage and all that. Then when I get in a spirited mood, I just do about 2 or 3 30 to 80's and then my boost jumps from about 10 psi in second to about 13. Pretty cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haven't red adoptation procedure for 9-5 yet, but i think it's similar as for 9000 -you should keep RPM at 3500-4000 for 4-5 sec. atleast...preferably while driving uphill.

·
Registered
270 Posts
4 what its worth, I was told by Giles at Abbott Motorsport that its every 7 ignition starts. I may stand corrected :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts