SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

(1999 9-3se automagic here...)

I've recently started to get a small, non-grinding 'click' when I sometimes accelerate quickly, or when I come to a full stop. When stopping it happens right when the torque converter 'clicks off'.

Now, I'm also noticing engine thrashing a little bit, between shifts on normal driving and really more substantial when 'sport moding it'.

My take on this is that an engine mount is going... But which one? I cannot see the tranny mount without taking off the plastic cowling underneath there, the rear 'looks' okay, but that may be an illusion, and the third, front/passengers side -- I have no idea where it is, apparently buried beyond the AC compressor?

Any suggestions, or has anyone else heard this 'click' as well? Think I'm correct w/ the statement that it's one of the three engine mounts?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be kindly appreciated,

peace,
bny

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I to take it that no one has any ideas about this issue? I guess I'll have to crawl under and semi-take apart to investigate myself!

(as other people know, I'm also a member of the 'we got the 60+mph shakes!' club, I'm wondering if a worn / busted engine/tranny mount could be causing this - makes perfect sense to me...)

peace,
bny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts