SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I recently noticed strange issue with my car. After starting it, everything is ok as long as the car idles. As soon as I use more throttle (still idling), rpms drop and car starts to choke and stalls. Same happens if I start moving, rpms drop rapidly and car stalls, using more throttle only makes it worse and let the car dies earlier.
BUT - both of these situations take place ONLY when the car is cold. It's enough if I let it idle after start for 2-3min to reach higher temp, and I can start moving normally.
Where to look for the problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.
  1. Wouldnt ever suppose a DIC, but if You say so, I will try to borrow one and test it. Out of curiosity, if it's DIC, why would it happen only when the car is cold?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Isn’t there some ECU programming that schedules fuelling differently for the first few minutes after a cold start? I don’t know more than that and the WIS is at home so can’t consult it.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Thanks.
  1. Wouldnt ever suppose a DIC, but if You say so, I will try to borrow one and test it. Out of curiosity, if it's DIC, why would it happen only when the car is cold?
Not enough spark for the fuel duration and air metering during cold operating temperature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts