SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father in law bought a Saab 9000 today, good car, but there is a buzzing coming from the dashboard, I've found where the buzzing is, but don't know 'what' it is, I thought I'd put it up here to see if anyone knew, it doesn't look like a factory fitted part but can't for the life of me think what it could be, but it's definately this that's buzzing. It must have some sort of motor on the back that's busted or something.

Anyway, here's what it is...

It's the round 'bullseye' hole thing, under the heated seats buttons...

:?: :?:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yeah. It pulls air from the cabin to get the temperature for the Automatic Climate Control. It's probably dusty so you should pull it out and clean it up. But if you dont want to it's not going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Aaron1204 said:
Do these just push out from behind like the electric seat buttons do?
Not quite. This one you need to remove from behind. Pop off the front piece with a small flat bladed screwdriver. Then, I'd pop out the clock with the same screwdriver (insert in the top center carefully). Then you can reach in the clock hole and push the ACC out from behind, no need to unplug. That will give you enough room to reach in and get the temperature sensor. You will have to compress the plastic prongs to be able to get it loose from the dash fascia.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just be very careful with your screwdriver levering against the walnut, its easy to damage it! I found my ACC panel was not very tight and managed to pull it out with my fingernails.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Viking99 said:
Just be very careful with your screwdriver levering against the walnut, its easy to damage it! I found my ACC panel was not very tight and managed to pull it out with my fingernails.
There's no need for any levering. The screwdriver is just to depress the metal tang on top of the clock, which is done just by inserting the blade between the very top of the clock and the fascia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts