SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I have strange problem with this car. It's winter time now, and when I try to start my car and let it warm up, something very strange happens. When I get in the car it is not very warm and all the warning lights are lit on the dashboard. I also noticed that the radio display is very dim.
If I shut the ignition off, the vehicle will not restart. It act as if it no longer has any juice in the battery. If I let it sit for a couple of hours and try to start it it starts right up. After having this happen today I needed to get to where I was going so I had to roll start it. Again, all the warning lights were on. As it started and I drove it for 15 seconds everything returned to normal with the exception of the clock was reset to zero and I know longer could change the direction of the heat to the floor.
Can anyone tell me what's up with this????

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think you said your answer. The battery needs to be replaced. You can check you see if it has 12v on the battery terminals before you try to start it but it sounds like the battery needs to be replaced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
435 Posts
Not enough info...

...about the car and the circumstances... Example : how old is the battery ? Have you verified if the alternator is charging (14.5 volts on idle with lights on...) ? Are the battery poles and attached connexions clean, with no corrosion ? Did you just buy the car and have no history of its past maintenance ?

More info will help un help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts