SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I write this new thread because I'm desperate with my Anti-lock system on my 900 Turbo S 92.
I search on
saab net, saab link, saab central ... etc I didn't find a good answer.

The symptoms
- Anti-Lock bulb is lighting most of the time

What I have done
- Read fault code : In order 4444, 1142, 1241, 1111 or depends of the ECU :evil:
- Check all component : all resistance of the inlet and outlet valves (4 ans 7 ohms), sensors (1150ohms) everything is good
- Hear starting and stopping pressure pump
- Change ecu with 2 used
- test the accumulator : 5 pumps
- cleaned sensors one year ago.

I noticed :

when i start the car, sometime the light came back only when I push the brake pedal for the first time.
When I driving, the light switched off only 2-3% of the driving time and came back only on bump.

I'm thing a wire problem or a bad ecu... but i try 3... used.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank in advance
Kévin

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

- test the accumulator : 5 pumps
- cleaned sensors one year ago.

I'm not sure "5 pumps" is an adequate test of the Accumulator.
Cleaning breaks as many Sensors as it fixes.

If the light comes on before you move the car, you probably have an Accumulator problem. If it comes on after the car has moved, it's probably a Sensor problem.

These are just statistically probable guesses, without the benefit of knowing what (if anything) the codes reveal; I have no Manuals.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If the light comes on before you move the car, you probably have an Accumulator problem. If it comes on after the car has moved, it's probably a Sensor problem.

These are just statistically probable guesses, without the benefit of knowing what (if anything) the codes reveal; I have no Manuals.
Thank you for your comment,

5 pumps it's not the best (new 10-12 pumps and need to be change under 4 pumps). So i think the problem doesn't come from this.

I know the code signication, I don't find defaults ... when i check sensors or vavles (good resistance) :confused:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Do not assume resistance checks guaranty that the Parts being tested are working properly.

You can condemn a Part for a bad resistance check, but you can't absolve it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm going to search a new accumulator

Thank

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm going to search a new accumulator

Thank
If you do decide that it's the accumulator the one used on the 88-90 Buick Reatta is the same part and often is cheaper than the Saab part. Of course that is if it's available in France. The GM Part number is 25528382.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you do decide that it's the accumulator the one used on the 88-90 Buick Reatta is the same part and often is cheaper than the Saab part. Of course that is if it's available in France. The GM Part number is 25528382.
Thank you for the information,
It's not available in France, I buy it in USA ... now I'm waiting

In Germany I ask a quotation the accumulator : 600€ = 853$ :eek:

For the earth connection, I test with the multimeter and seems to be good.

I'll give you news

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

I'll give you news
Here it is for $121.13 USD with the Buick Reatta part number: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

I've never used the Buick part. Perhaps you should solicit confirmation from someone who has used it.

Or $393.30 USD with a Saab part number: http://www.thesaabsite.com/900old/c900absbrakes.htm

·
Registered
34 Posts
the gm part works, installed one less than 5 months ago. you just have to swap the proportioning valve from the saab part to the gm part and be careful not to mark it up when pulling it out.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts

I'll give you news
What the hell, call up ATE and see if you can get direct

There is no reason for it to cost more than ~100 Euro but of course...

·
Registered
300 Posts
10-15 pumps on a new accumulator

Don't think the one you got was good...8 is still too little. These are fast, little stabs at the pedal not long drawn out stomps.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I get 14 pumps on my new accumulator, which is the Buick/GM part number listed above. 5-10 pumps is an accumulator about to go bad, anything less than 5 the nitrogen diaphragm inside has already ruptured.
The GM part is identical except for the metering valve which can be easily swapped and you already know how to do it so good luck. Maybe you can get a refund for the scrapyard one?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I get 14 pumps on my new accumulator, which is the Buick/GM part number listed above. 5-10 pumps is an accumulator about to go bad, anything less than 5 the nitrogen diaphragm inside has already ruptured.
The GM part is identical except for the metering valve which can be easily swapped and you already know how to do it so good luck. Maybe you can get a refund for the scrapyard one?
Awesome. It sounds like you've fixed the problem. :lol: :lol: Thanks for confirming that the GM part works.

·
Registered
678 Posts
ABS light come back on bumps :(... and stay 5, 10, 20 min ....
Sounds like a bad electrical connection. Check all connections/multiplugs.
Have a look at the pressure switch connection under the main ABS unit, they have a bad habit of corroding.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok,

I'll recieve my new accumulator in one week.

This morning, i started the motor ABS and brake light went off...
I drove 50 meters (around 30-40km/h) and the ABS light came back.... arggg !

Yesterday I check :
- Two relays : OK
- I disconnect the pump => no pump => after pumping ABS and brake light
- I disconnect the main valve => no main valve => after pumping ABS and brake light => I test it, ok (I heard and feel a knock)
- I disconnect the brake repartitor => ABS light with the right fault code

Maybe it's the ecu ... and the 2 used is broken too ...

the code are still 4444 & 1111

Thank to read me :)

Yes sounds like a bad electrical connection.... but sometimes the light stay on during all the travel...
I'll buy fluid to enhance electrical connection

1 - 20 of 40 Posts