SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man you Southern Colorado boys are lucky. I'm enjoying your state's scenery as I sit on the side of the road.

Car died around a corner. Immediate thought was full pump. Would not start but taping on the fuel pump seemed to get it to go. Drove off, died again, check engine light came on - P1300 code. Seeing how my DIC is less than a year old as well as CPS I still leaning towards pump. But the code is confusing. I'm at 10,000 feet so I'm wondering if I went lean and hence the code. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to wait till I get towed. Pretty sure it's the pump. Wants to start but wont catch. Plethora of new parts over the last year so I'm pretty sure i can rule out DIC, CPS, and FPR.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I thought 1300 was just a generic fault code?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought 1300 was just a generic fault code?
Yeah that's what I was reading online. Or possible misfire. I think maybe I had low pressure and/or altitude when I attempted to drive off (it was sputtering a bit and went dead again and threw the code). Just a guess.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tip up the lower portion of the back seat to expose the carpet cut-out for the fuel pump access. Pry open the paint-can lid cover, to see the elec, connectors and fuel lines going into the pump.

Now, when you turn the ignition on--not to crank, but just to "on"--can you hear the pump prime? It should, but only for about 2 seconds.

Rudimentary check for fuel pressure: remove the plastic cap covering the schrader valve at the center of the fuel-rail--right in front of the throttle body (with the engine trim cover popped off). Does depressing the schrader valve give you a healthy squirt of gasoline (cool engine, mind you)?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Yeah that's what I was reading online. Or possible misfire. I think maybe I had low pressure and/or altitude when I attempted to drive off (it was sputtering a bit and went dead again and threw the code). Just a guess.
P1300 in a Saab is random misfire. My car through that code yesterday and it was due to me being low on fuel...yet again;oops: I swear Ill never let it get that low again but sometimes I just cant help it.

Your issue could be plug related, di related and as you already said fuel pump. When you get her home give it a once over for everything and see if anything changes or helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts