SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just had my car radio stolen last night ;oops: . Had the window fixed. I bought a new CD radio / mp3 player, but I now need to install my new radio.

As the thief cut through my wires, I don't know what wires match up with what. I'm not sure of the colour coding for Saabs. The red must be +, the black must be earth, as for the rest its just a lottery, brown, green. There seems to be many brown and green wires, etc. with some mixed colours, but these don't seem to match up with the UK colour coding system, on my radio.

Can anyone help me out with some explanation of what each of the SAAB wires are for???? I am lost. Maybe a diagram or something....

Regards, Simon Howes.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Welcome!

It's likely that someone will be able to post a diagram or key, but it not you might try unscrewing one of the front speakers to see whether the wires match what you see under the dash. If that works, then you'd only need to worry about the antenna and memory wires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my new radio

I needed a new adapter for the wires, plus a new antenna mast.

Also, the steering wheel controls do not work with my new radio.

It took the audio place 30 minutes to install it, a total of $75 with parts and labor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the previous owner replaced it. Was a pioneer CD/ Radio. The theif has cut straight through the wires, left a big mess. :evil: So I'm a bit lost at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts