SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting... who knows if it is the same car, but it is definitely the same picture.... What are the chances that the owner of the stolen Saab in portland found the pic of the car for sale in Staten Island and used it in their ad?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent sleuthing on your recovered Saab.

My silver '86 turbo hatch was stolen a couple weeks ago from lower Queen Anne. I agree with your cautious approach, to redact your suspect's name and the addresses you found.

I'd also very much like to get my car back.

Would you share the addresses so I could drive by the areas and hopefully spot my Saab? Or give me a fairly targeted area without specific numbered address?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Really sorry to hear about your car Ryan. To answer your question, my car was found two houses north of 80th on 31st Ave NW in N. Ballard and, according to the crap I found inside, seems to have been run around north of the Ship Canal quite a bit.

I don't think I posted about this but, in August of last year, I took some visiting friends out to dinner/drinks in downtown Ballard and, when we got back to my car to head home, there was a super sketchy-and-obviously-high-on-something woman fiddling with the lock on the driver's door. Confronting her, she claimed that she thought it was her car and she just made a mistake because her car had a primered roof as well... She did have a Saab key but I still call BS... (Once the adrenaline wore off and I could put two and two together, I began to strongly think that this was who stole my car originally...)

I'm assuming you've filed a police report; if so, I've got a good feeling their license plate scanners will find it somewhere. If you have any photos, get them up here so we can all keep an eye out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Almost happened to me!

My '84 900 was a Seattle car for many years and somebody kept trying to steal it there! It finally got a stealthy fuel pump shut off switch to foil the perpetrators! I wonder if it's the same people nabbing them. Were the police any help?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts