SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Last night my 1984 Saab 900 Turbo Sedan was stolen from outside my home in Ballard, Seattle, WA. Metallic blue, primer on the roof. Please let me know if anyone catches a glimpse anywhere; I'm pretty bummed. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Hi all. Last night my 1984 Saab 900 Turbo Sedan was stolen from outside my home in Ballard, Seattle, WA. Metallic blue, primer on the roof. Please let me know if anyone catches a glimpse anywhere; I'm pretty bummed. Thanks.
My anti-theft idea is no locks, no license plates.
Rather a 100% hidden transmitter/homing device system thats makes a missing vehicle an impossibility.
Has this been thought of before...with different applications ??
As with guns, this too is an underground thing. A year from now, someplace in America will buy your hood....or your engine...and what can be done ???
So, maybe "my idea" is not so great...today...
Our police force can spend thousands of dollars, very easily, in tracking down(without success) a one thousand dollar vehicle.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I keep a tracking device in my cars for just such a reason. It's not just because of what the car is, but there are things IN my car that I'd prefer to not lose, or have fall in the wrong hands.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will certainly keep an eye out for it in my travels around town. An '84 turbo is not a common sight. It shouldn't be hard to spot, if it's still on the road. I assume you've filed the appropriate police reports, yes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've filed a stolen vehicle report and called around to the major tow places; still nothing. I'm pretty skeptical that I'll see it again; it'll be parted out so make more money than the car itself is worth...

Thanks for the concern and yes, if anyone sees something around that just may be it, please let me know...

Distinguishing features:
- only one rear mudflap; passenger side
- primer over most of the roof
- round black and white roller derby sticker to the left of the rear license plate
- 'Turbo' badge only on the driver's side, missing from the passenger side and rear deck

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Had quite a few go missing over the last year, with a few recovered. Most had been driven until out of gas and the radio taken, if not the stock Clarion. May want to check with Seattle PD and maybe see where they found most of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My stolen Saab in Kirkland experience

I had my 1989 Saab 900 stolen in Kirkland out of a gated apartment garage a few years back. I figured it was gone and stripped for parts like you've said. But 2-3 weeks later I get a call from the Kirkland police saying it was towed it from another apartment complex just 4 blocks away where it was parked in someones spot. Even though I reported it stolen, it was towed 2 blocks to the Lincoln tow yard in Kirkland.

Cost me $400 to get it out of the tow yard. :nono;

That said, you might want to start driving around Ballard and look for it parked just a few blocks away.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
My anti-theft idea is no locks, no license plates.
Rather a 100% hidden transmitter/homing device system thats makes a missing vehicle an impossibility.
Has this been thought of before...with different applications ??
As with guns, this too is an underground thing. A year from now, someplace in America will buy your hood....or your engine...and what can be done ???
So, maybe "my idea" is not so great...today...
Our police force can spend thousands of dollars, very easily, in tracking down(without success) a one thousand dollar vehicle.
like this?

http://www.lojack.com/Home

1 - 12 of 12 Posts