SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the Radio have such a hard time working with the Samsung Galaxy S3... it always cuts in and out or doesn't work at all... Does anyone know how to bypass this issue without having to get a new phone or radio... apparently its a known issue with Saabs and some BMW... Ive seen it on the Galaxy site.

·
Registered
636 Posts
It is a known issue and the only way to deal with it, without serious electrical work in the radio, is to buy a dock that lets you hook up headphones to the dock. Then you can use that jack to hook up to your phone. It's not worth it for me, but all I would do is use it for a music player and I do have an ipod.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a known issue and the only way to deal with it, without serious electrical work in the radio, is to buy a dock that lets you hook up headphones to the dock. Then you can use that jack to hook up to your phone. It's not worth it for me, but all I would do is use it for a music player and I do have an ipod.
a dock? do you know any and around how much do they run for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Samsung has a different setup for their 3.5mm jacks. Pretty sure they have the ground and the tip switched, so many different types of headphones don't work properly (nor do some AUX cables).

To get around your issue, try this:
http://www.belkin.com/us/F4U037-Belkin/p/P-F4U037
Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth.

I have my Nokia Lumia 800 to the Belkin CAC to a headphone amplifier (FIIO E11 [http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=70]) to the head unit. Works like a charm, and to connect all I have to do is turn the amp on and push a button (the CAC).

·
Registered
954 Posts
Do you mean the aux in connector under the centre glove box? I'm using an iPhone and this sometimes looses the sound, its still there but lost all the bass and sounds all echoey. I need to give it a little wiggle then its ok....I must have a lose connection...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry guys, wrong link.

EDIT: interesting, the link is the same one for the dual RCA-mini and mini-mini.

You want the mini-mini, icable 800
Whats the big difference between the this Monster cable mini-mini compared to the one I got? I think I still would have the same problem... no?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I got around the issue by using an inline volume control from radio shack between the phone and the aux in. No problems after that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know I'm reviving an old thread. I believe the issue stems from how the head unit deals with grounding the signal. If you plug in a compatible device (iPod, etc) to the audio jack AS WELL AS a car charger, you will not get that buzzing like on other cars. I believe this is because the head unit grounds out the signal within itself (by keeping the ground separate from the body of the car). This eliminates buzzing when charging.

However the issue comes in with Samsung devices. Samsung phones require a certain amount of "draw" to detect a proper ground. The Saab head unit does not provide enough of a true ground for the device. So I installed a "ground loop isolator" into my audio cable. You can also purchase a ground loop isolator on eBay that is already ready to go. It allows for a proper enough ground for the phone to detect, and you have no loss in audio quality.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts