SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 9-3 linear and would like to change the stock headlights to the blue headlights. I have checked ebay and have found some for 02 and up. Does anyone know what type of blue bulbs will fit. I have seen 8500 or h4 and h7 bulbs.
What are the correct specs to replace the stock bulbs with either the blue color or the purple for a 2004 9-3 lnear.

please advise saabers!

·
Registered
635 Posts
uhh...you want hid? because thats expensive/not that easy.

if no hid, id recommend silver star...my friend put them on his eclipsoid projectors on his 3 series...very nice, they have a very nice light, nothing ricey, very close to hid, just not as bright. definately way nicer than the yellow light stocks we got.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do a search for Hoen. Their lights are great for headlights and fogs. (City lights suck though) I think they will givr you the look you are going for.

H7 - Headlights
H5 - Fogs
W5W - City Lights

ScoopSS is right, a true hid conversion will cost you a fortune. Look alike bulbs (hoen, bluevision, silvervision) will run you 60 for the whole job.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45421&highlight=hoen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first off all thanks for the info. I want to confirm that any headlights listed as H7 will fit the 9-3 2004 linear. i found a purple set 28.80 12 v 70 watt.

These specs and the H7 should go right on the saab. Anybody have instructions on how to chnage saab headlights.

thanks SAABERS for any addittional info.

PS: In my language Sahib means sir so SAAB has the same prounication as sahib.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It isn't too difficult to replace the bulbs. On the driver's side, you need to remove the cover, pull out the windscreen wash filler tube (it pulls right off) and unclip the relay box from the front of the battery and swing it out of the way. Pull the rubber boot off the back, then untwist the bulb holder. Nothing special about the passenger side - IIRC, you can reach everything.

Be very carfefull not to touch the bulb with anything as yu handle it.

I found the easiest way to put the rubber boots back on was to roll back the first section, put the boot in position, and roll the edge lip back out.

That being said, let me explain why I know how to do this. I put the silverstar bulbs in back in February. I liked the light they produced, but three weeks ago, one of them burned out. The original factory bulbs went back in. Sometime earlier, I remember another post where someone tried the silverstar bulbs but they failed prematurely also. I guess they just don't like being on all the time.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I just got some blue PIAAs, but they didnt fit, you know how like the little notch that holds the bulb in place is a square? these were small circles, even though i got them off the tirerack, and it said they were designed specifically for our cars...sorta got me mad, waste of $73.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eurodesign purple H7 lights

I bought eurodesign H7 Purple lights for my saab 9-3 2004.
I replaced the lights in the white eye or globe light, but the purple
doesn't really show. THe passenger side light is rose pink and the driver side light is almost white.

any experience with these purple eurodesign lights. Does anyone know of better
purple lights, that have that dark purple color.

Also, since the saab has three bulbs in the headlight, which one should I replace, the regular light behind the white globe, the high beam or the smaller light below the high beam bulb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts