1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Damnnnn...i like the way it sounds! Nice work. How is the noise at regular driving speeds? Highway?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well it looks great with the black pipes....but to me, the stock exhaust actually has a nice note to it, but it just needs some more volume. Both of your set ups are just too "boaty" to me...more import then euro...

Sean

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sound

With both the muffler delete and the custom setup it drones about 2,000 rpm. Less so with the custom setup which is actually a hint more quiet.

Sounding like a japanese import isn't a bad thing. Japanese cars can surely hold their own against any german/swedish car. The 350z/G35/370z/G37 has one of the best sounding engines. Overall I like the sound, just wish it was a little more quiet at 2,000 rpm.

After I get a tune up I'll get a dyno to see if the intake and custom setup made any difference at all. Anything over 210whp would be great considering it's an automatic. That way when I get the vtune we can all see how much power is gained.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will try to do a run with the custom setup. I really wish they just made a full turbo back exhaust for the car...lol.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Well it looks great with the black pipes....but to me, the stock exhaust actually has a nice note to it, but it just needs some more volume. Both of your set ups are just too "boaty" to me...more import then euro...

Sean
Yep.

Idk man, I just don't dig it when they sound like mustangs or droning hondas. well it's all good, you seem to enjoy it.

Here's another 'custom set up from a member;

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=qq7kav&s=6

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

I will have to say my mpg hasn't been so great since the exhaust was put on. Even driving conservatively doesn't seem to help. Wish I would have known about the Miltek exhaust before this. Oh well...couple hundred dollars down the drain.

·
Banned
320 Posts
I will have to say my mpg hasn't been so great since the exhaust was put on. Even driving conservatively doesn't seem to help. Wish I would have known about the Miltek exhaust before this. Oh well...couple hundred dollars down the drain.
How is the mpg affected? I'd think the ecu would reset. How bad is the mpg?

You can always redo the exhausts if you wish. Put some nice mufflers and maybe some race cat/pre-silencer or something..

·
Registered
60 Posts
cat delete?

What is the restrictive part of the OEM exhaust system? Is it the cat?
I'm thinking of keeping the stock exhaust but removing the most restrictive part which I thought was the cat. Will that trip the CEL?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Videos of my Borla muffler install

I have a 03 vector. I deleted resonator and installed A borla xr-1 race muffler in place of stock muffler. I made up a connector pipe and welded it to muffler then clamped the assembly to the stock piping. I for sure gained all around power, no a ****load or anything but enough to feel the difference. And it sounds awesome from inside and out.

VIDEOS: Car takeoff from outside the vehicle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhdBom0glc4

Idleing from outside car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDEdqUHu8c

Driving video taken inside car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFi7m2tBmJc

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
What is the restrictive part of the OEM exhaust system? Is it the cat?
I'm thinking of keeping the stock exhaust but removing the most restrictive part which I thought was the cat. Will that trip the CEL?
That will for sure trip the CEL. Id say the downpipe is most restrictive, then the muffler, the whole damn thing actually lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks SaabSS for your reply. Did you see any effect on Fuel economy? I like your setup, new resonator and muffler sounds like the way I would like to go. I can image the exhaust flow would improve quite a bit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really love the sound of just the muffler delete. Thinking about keeping the mufflers and the throwing on an electric exhaust cutout, that way i can run stock and muffler delete whenever i want. That should work, right?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts