SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had car dynoed today made 169 horse power,188 ft Torque. dyno was Mustang. Also have OBD II software app on phone. made 154.6 horse power at 5800 RPM, Best 0-60 time 7.0 max boost 12lbs. Shipping ECU to Brew city boost tomorrow doing stage 2. will post results when get back.

·
Super Moderator
1,698 Posts
Had car dynoed today made 169 horse power,188 ft Torque. dyno was Mustang. Also have OBD II software app on phone. made 154.6 horse power at 5800 RPM, Best 0-60 time 7.0 max boost 12lbs. Shipping ECU to Brew city boost tomorrow doing stage 2. will post results when get back.
It’s cool to get a baseline before you start doing mods. Nice work!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice baseline. I was tempted to get one done before I did my Stage 1, but wasn't patient enough :lol:

Do we know the rough drive-train loss on these? I heard 15% before, but that would mean you're only making 197 at the crank. Which could be right for an aged engine, but I'd expect more.

Did you use the android Torque app for the other reading? I'd think that would be fairly accurate as well--provided all the weights were entered correctly.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Mustang dynos typically read low. Definitely lower than dynojet. In the end it's just a tool. Interested to see post tune delta.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2007 2.0 after Tune BCB

Got ecu back today went with Brew city boost, great turnaround time very professional. Installed VERY Impressive seat of pants dyno. OBD II software giving me to good to be results,roads wet here today in Ohio got 255 hp 262 hp
numbers. Wasn't hooking up good enough to do 0-60 times. Boost was pushing 17 psi . VERY Happy Trying to get appt. to put on Dyno.Thanks Brew City Boost.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Got ecu back today went with Brew city boost, great turnaround time very professional. Installed VERY Impressive seat of pants dyno. OBD II software giving me to good to be results,roads wet here today in Ohio got 255 hp 262 hp
numbers. Wasn't hooking up good enough to do 0-60 times. Boost was pushing 17 psi . VERY Happy Trying to get appt. to put on Dyno.Thanks Brew City Boost.
Noice!! Tuning these cars apparently releases a beast from a tiny box, lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just went with a BCB stage 3. Drivability is excellent. Car is still docile around 1000 to 2500 rpm, so cruising around town is no different to stock, except it seems to have more torque down low, so it drive's more like a small 6 cylinder.

We don't have MPG in Australia we do Litres per 100 klm.

Stock Highway 6 to 7 Litres per 100klm
Stage 3 Highway 5 to 7 Litres per 100klm

Stock City 8 to 10 Litres per 100klm
Stage 3 City 8 to 15 Litres per 100klm.

Keep in mind that the 15 litres per 100klm is maximum boost and me mashing the pedal to the floor. It's worse case scenario. Over all, fuel economy has improved a little, but is way out the window when you get stuck into it (which you'd expect with an extra 70hp)

·
Registered
282 Posts
How is driveability and mileage post tune?
I have a relatively aggressive Stage 1 tune on my 2.0T (265hp/275lb-ft) and driving around town I average about 21-22mpg. This is city driving, with some fast and some moderate acceleration, and a roof rack (I've noticed the roof rack lowers my average about 1 mpg even on slower city speeds).

As PeteyBoPetey said, the lower end below 2500 rpm or so feels a bit more 'tourqey' than stock, but the biggest difference is above that where the turbo really kicks in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a relatively aggressive Stage 1 tune on my 2.0T (265hp/275lb-ft) and driving around town I average about 21-22mpg. This is city driving, with some fast and some moderate acceleration, and a roof rack (I've noticed the roof rack lowers my average about 1 mpg even on slower city speeds).

As PeteyBoPetey said, the lower end below 2500 rpm or so feels a bit more 'tourqey' than stock, but the biggest difference is above that where the turbo really kicks in.

Was yours a self tune or wha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts