SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the AC belt is the outermost of all the ancillary belts so removing it is just a simple case of undoing the adjuster bolt to the right of the compressor thus allowing the whole compressor to be rotated towards the left of the engine bay and slackening off the belt for removal.

Alternatively if it is squealing it is probably worn and needs replacing so you could just cut it straight off. Even if it isn't that belt that is squealing it's probably worth replacing all four at once with new ones rather than just the one.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
call it a bit Heath Robison, but in a desparate bid to shut my car up (temp fix while on way to a meeting at work, would have looked seriously uncool turning up with 50 hamsters behind tortured under my bonnet), i got the hacksaw blade from the boot a cut the A/C belt off, thus curing the problem for 1 day till a complete new set arrived from euro's (you gotta love the delivery)

g

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
What i have found is if you leave a belt on for a long time that squeals it will make the pully wonkey and you wont be able to get ride of the chipmonk chore,

I have this problem not as badly as yourself on my alternator pully which will be replace soon.

You can use a wire brush to clean the pully, it helps for a short time anyway.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
MINE WOUDL SHREAK! i was worried my compressor might be going out. turned out the belt needed to be tightened.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i just spray belts with white grease. this always seems to work. not too sure however if this weakens the belt strength though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts