SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer has had my car for a week now to fix the top. They had to replace a hose that was leaking. The new part did not come with "O" rings and they are not certain where to get them from. Seem kinda like amatuer hour. I also have my SS in because it is losing coolant and the selcetronic tranny seem to slip abit. So I have no Saabs and two rental cars.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealer just called me to say that my wifes car (SS) has had coolant leaking into the transmission from the radiator and the transmission and the radiator both have to be replaced. Depending if they have to backorder the tranny the car is down 5 - 25 days. The "O" rings for the convertible should be there Wed. and I should have it back then. What a Pain. Up to this point both cars have been real dependable. Dealer said that the faulty radiator is somewhat common on this car. HMMMM... Thank god for warranty. Between rantal cars, parts and labor this must be 4 to 5 grand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
have they said that this is a common occurance with the convertibles? i think i would cry if something like that would happen to my car!

whatever happened to dealers with loaners for people with problems with their cars?????

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen a post that said they had a hydraulic hose leak and squirt fluid all over the top and back seat!.. I had a small puddle only on my garage floor and nothing in the car. I use my top alot, I must open/close it 2-3 times a day. The tranny problem is not on the vert but on my SS. The rental cars are being paid for by Saab, but I wish they were Saab loaners.

·
Registered
132 Posts
well, thats good at least they were paying for the rentals, i would be mad if i got stuck with that bill! thank goodness that fluid was on the floor and not in your backseat. i sort of wish i hadn't read your post, cuz now im worried this will happen to me:eek:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the same thing three months ago when I read the other post about the top. But you just have to forget it and hope for the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts