SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys so this is where im at i have replaced Battery, alternator, cps, bov, 3 sets of spark plugs ( Double platnium, platnium, and copper just to see.) I have a genuine saab DI checked the fuel filter clean as can be. All started with change of fuel brands. Fuel pump is make a swissing sound does crank does start will die immediately or run lacking power. Once car gets into power band or i put foot down immediate hesitation and car dies car will sit and idle great with no issue. I was told its the throttle body i checked the gear it is not in limp mode. The plugs in the picture below are 2 weeks old and ran in the broken DI they are full of soot. Car was not running right at all at that time. I feel its the pump just saying its done and can only handle low rpm and pushing enough fuel through to limp it along. Has anyone had similar experiences or does my diagnoses sound correct that the pump is already shot and its last leg.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
How about engine air filter, intake system?
Is DIC genuine?
Replace those spark plugs ASAP to NGK BCPR6ES-11 or 7-11.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DI is genuine the cone is clean i cannot fine those plugs in town and have to be ordered for a total over 60 dollars at autozone. My car ran great on the double platniums and they were acdelcos. I was suggested to try coppers they may help. I wouldnt think that a spark plug would have this major of an effect on the car. Im think of cleaning the throttle body and ordering a fuel pump insert.

·
Registered
41 Posts
These cars are infamously picky about the spark plug and gap. The Trionic system truly requires the plug Mimmi mentioned.

While those are on order, check your vacuum lines and give the MAF a clean with some MAF cleaner. I had some hesitation issues caused by a bad MAF a few years ago, and the original rubber vacuum lines are typically cooked by now. An easy maintenance item is to order some silicon vacuum hose and replace your original lines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so proper plugs clean the maf and tb would these things cause a cel cause my dash is clear nothing until i start to hesitate and car dies

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Stock air filter? If it’s an aftermarket oil based air filters can contaminate the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
That much soot would say to me that the car is running way too rich. That's not consistent with a failing fuel pump which would run it too lean.

The first test I'd recommend is a fuel pressure check. Maybe the fuel pressure regulator is not working properly? THat woudl increase the pressure at the injectors, while also making the pump work harder.

For what it's worth, I doubt that running BCPR6EG plugs (platinum G power) is going to cause the problems you're having. Although the gap on those plugs looks to be fairly wide--did you actually measure it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No i didn't measure the gap and the plugs and my fuel pressure tester busted when testing it. So ill be looking into getting another this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts