SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeling lazy and had my independent garage change the rear engine mount in my 9-5 this week. They only charged $150 and it saved me a lot of grief and time.

After I left the shop the car drove great but the throttle pedal felt a little different but I couldn't put my finger on the change mostly because I was so excited to drive the car with a MUCH improved mount.

Today I got a check engine light: code P1260 "throttle return spring too weak"

I took a look and I can't see anything obvious, I can see where the tech had to rub against things in there to get down to the bolts but I can't see anything obvious that is broken, bent or out pf place.

Has anybody had any experience with this issue? The shop is closed for Thanksgiving otherwise I would just take it back to them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
First check :take the cover off and grab the throttle cable and turn the dial by hand. If the inner gear rotates as well then you are in limp home mode. Look on this site or YouTube to see how to reset it. You will have to clear the code first.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the inner gear rotates as well then you are in limp home mode.
Yup, limp home mode it was.

I didn't check that because of the "throttle return spring too weak" code that I got, I figured the tech had physically bent or broken something while in there.

Now that I have reset everything it leaves me wondering why it went into limp home in the first place.

Thanks for your help indy!

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's possible he didn't reconnect all the hoses at first or something like that and then he cleared codes but didn't reset the lhm. I got into it the other day for some reason but I had to change the battery which cleared the original code. Hasn't come back after reseting lhm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.