SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear passenger door is really sticking when it opens (was before my bump) and yesterday it no longer activates the interior lights or warning sensor. is there anything i can adjust or does anyone know what i need to replace/repair? i don't want to have to take it apart when it's closed....!

·
Registered
19 Posts
RE: Sticky Door

I have a similar problem in that my driver door is sticky to close and both rear doors only intermittently activate the interior lights. For the sticky door situation, I discovered that the latch on the frame of the car, not the door, has a plastic sleeve on it and the sleeve has just been beaten up over the years on the 96 CSE. I turned the sleeve to a different orientation and the problem has been resolved.

For the interior light activation issue, I found that if I wiggle the interior door switch, the lights will turn on. I am thinking that the switch needs to be replaced. Fairly easy, just one screw.

Hope this helps,
E~
1996 9000 CSE Turbo

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting - you mean the peg on the car body rather than the latch 'c' shaped clip on the door? i swapped over the 'c' latch with the driver's one and it made no difference. i'll give the clip a go.....

so nothing to adjust inside the door mechanisms then? is it a case of it works or it doesn't?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am not positive if there is a way to remove the plastic sheathing and replace it with another without having to replace the entire bracket on the car frame. WHat I did was manually rotate the sheath so that the damaged portion would not interfere with the C-shaped latching mechanism on the door. This will get me by until I can think of a more permanent solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.