SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
depends on the size, but if they're the right size i might concede and put a sticker on my car :lol:

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DanF. said:
haha, maybe. they have to be butterscotch colored though
Oh, but of course :D The second one has a "golden yellow" color that's vaguely close, and I think you can pay more for different colors. The first one doesn't have color swatches. But it does have a font option called "BonJovi" :lol:

as far as size, I was thinking big enough that people have a chance of seeing it and laughing, but small enough as to be discreet. maybe a 5"x7" ?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Count me in, sounds sweet! :)
Daniel.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so IronJoe and I are conspiring to make these, most likely just text on a translucent window sticker, with the werther's original logo on top, and then "RACING TEAM" underneath. We are working on the graphic file right now, and once we have that, I will shop around for a good price.

Right now, I'm thinking of having 10 made, seeing as 5 people are interested, and it would be nice to have extras for additional cars/people. I'm thinking roughly 4"x4" or 5"x5" in size, I will print the thing out and take a test shot in my window.

As I typed that last sentence, I realized that I have access to a top quality color printer/copier at work. I wonder if they sell sheets of vinyl window sticker that you can just print yourself? This may be a good option, and cheap too. Anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
TheRedBaron said:
OK, so IronJoe and I are conspiring to make these, most likely just text on a translucent window sticker, with the werther's original logo on top, and then "RACING TEAM" underneath. We are working on the graphic file right now, and once we have that, I will shop around for a good price.

Right now, I'm thinking of having 10 made, seeing as 5 people are interested, and it would be nice to have extras for additional cars/people. I'm thinking roughly 4"x4" or 5"x5" in size, I will print the thing out and take a test shot in my window.

As I typed that last sentence, I realized that I have access to a top quality color printer/copier at work. I wonder if they sell sheets of vinyl window sticker that you can just print yourself? This may be a good option, and cheap too. Anyone heard of that?

I like your idea.

I found this. Vinyl sticker paper.

This too.

What about cafepress.com?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah - it seems like the traditional "bumper sticker" stock is pretty easy to find - I have seen stuff for window sticker stock (the clear kind that goes on the inside of the window), but have not found some readily for sale. I saw some on amazon that was out of stock. Cafepress seems like it doesn't do window stickers, just bumper stickers - unless you see them somewhere?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking some sort of c900 line/sillouhette added in somehow, but the answer is not obvious.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The grey doesn't show up on screen - I like the first more than the second. I'm going to play with some fonts, brb. The second color works with the bolder font. If it were a thin font like the first one, it would need to be darker.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, need a consensus here:

Are we going with a) TEAM RACING or b) RACING TEAM

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
i'm in.....

prefer the 2nd font above... reminiscent of the old Gasser VW racers of the 70's

altho the first font also similar to Empi Team Racing

either way... UberCool :cool:

G

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks good.

Mikewitdaspike wrote
depends on the size, but if they're the right size i might concede and put a sticker on my car
Go BIG mike, Go BIG...

G :cool:

If i can find room for one even i'd be interested!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts