SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since getting the car i havent figured out how to get my stereo to do anything. i held band button and put the code in but the four blank lines just show up again? the car is missing the cassette that goes in the cd player but i cant see that being the problem. any suggetions on what it is or steps i can take to troubleshoot. also the antena is a little busted so i disconected the mast but not the wire that carries the signal so its always in the up position. thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Are you sure you have the right code? I had the same problem, then I pulled the radio out and the correct code was written on top.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
It is most likely a blown fuse on the radio, pull the radio out and on the back you will see the fuse. There are also two radio fuses located in the cabin fuse box, check those a well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i just push the band button till it says code in and i got the number off of the top of the radio i still have to check the fuse but i thought if that was gone i wouldnt be able to punch in the four digit code it shows the numbers ive put in but imidiately goes to the four horizontal lines. could it still be the fuse?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If I remember correctly when you see ---- that means an incorrect code has been entered. Try it without the car running but with the ignition in the ON position. If that doesn't work you may have to leave your car on (but not running) for an hour to be able to put the code in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts