SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a little bit of searching through the FAQs and whatnot and have seen that the Stereo in the 9-3 is not the most loved part of the car to say the least.

Well my roommate is running into problems as well and is worried about what she may have done to her car, or what her car has done to her. Being totally car retarded she asked me for help figuring it out. As I have never owned a Saab I went to the one source of good knowledge, other owners and enthusiasts. So here is the problem.

When she got up to go to work the stereo wasn't working. Aparently the lower screen seems to be acting normal as it would when it works normally, however the upper screen is completely black. She gets no sound from radio, CD, anything, not even static. Furthermore she is not getting any audible from her turn signal either. As far as she knows the car was fine when she got home and this morning got up and this all happenned.

Anyone have any ideas about where I shoudl start with trying to diagnose the problem? Thanks so much for your help and I appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
SaabRoomy said:
I have done a little bit of searching through the FAQs and whatnot and have seen that the Stereo in the 9-3 is not the most loved part of the car to say the least.

Well my roommate is running into problems as well and is worried about what she may have done to her car, or what her car has done to her. Being totally car retarded she asked me for help figuring it out. As I have never owned a Saab I went to the one source of good knowledge, other owners and enthusiasts. So here is the problem.

When she got up to go to work the stereo wasn't working. Aparently the lower screen seems to be acting normal as it would when it works normally, however the upper screen is completely black. She gets no sound from radio, CD, anything, not even static. Furthermore she is not getting any audible from her turn signal either. As far as she knows the car was fine when she got home and this morning got up and this all happenned.

Anyone have any ideas about where I shoudl start with trying to diagnose the problem? Thanks so much for your help and I appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction.
Unhook the battery for about 20 minutes.

If that doesn't work give it a few days of starts to see if it can solve it on its own.

It is very common for there to be glitches, but they usually resolve themselves. I have had the same thing happened. No radio for a day. Worked fine the next. Never happened again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
SaabRoomy Did you get this fixed ??

SaabRoomy said:

Did you get this fixed

·
Registered
34 Posts
happened to us too

I took it in before warr expired. Issue was traced to faulty ICU. It ended up having to be replaced twice. Now works great.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You have to pay (I think it is 500 Wii points) for Internet Browsing in the options menu for your Wii (assuming you already have it connected to the internet via router or cable)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts