SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the stereo in my '07 SS Aero stinks and must be replaced. I was talking with my local dealer and he says that the radio can be replaced now very easily. I've seen some really nice Pioneer units with full Nav touch screens that do everything but mix my martini ;)

Who's done what to their 06-09 9-3's in terms of audio upgrades? Let's see those pics!

Bones...

·
Registered
4 Posts
stereo upgrade

I have just upgraded my standard radio to a dvd,sat nav,bluetooth,digital tv,iplayer,usb and aux double din unit,you will need a DD fascia a conversion Saab to iso lead,a aerial convertor lead and the unit of your choice.Great care must be taken in removing the air vents above they are a sod to reassemble if they come apart.the whole job took no more than 2 hours. Having used Pioneer before I was not willing to pay their price and bought one from Ebay and I am glad I did for £250 delivered it is superb piece of kit.
Ebay Item number: 170484553243

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Ok the stereo in my '07 SS Aero stinks and must be replaced. I was talking with my local dealer and he says that the radio can be replaced now very easily. I've seen some really nice Pioneer units with full Nav touch screens that do everything but mix my martini ;)

Who's done what to their 06-09 9-3's in terms of audio upgrades? Let's see those pics!

Bones...
Quite a few of us have now replaced the 2007+ headunit with aftermarket, here's just some of the threads :
Pioneer Navigation install 2007 9-3 Aero - pics
Finally...I have all the parts for the Pioneer Avic D3
Pioneer Avic D3 Installation - Photographs
Pioneer Avic F700bt installed in my 08 9-3SS
AVIC 900BT in 2007 SC with SW functions working
My 2007 Sportwagon Aftermarket Audio Install
Another Kenwood TV into a 2007 9-3 SS
ANOTHER KENWOOD MAKEOVER w/SWC
TurboX stereo. 2-Din Alpine\ Hertz

along with a gratuitous pic of my Kenwood, just cos you asked :

1 - 3 of 3 Posts