SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see any forums for 900's past 1994, so I'll post here. Hope that's okay....

I own a 96' saab 900s and I have 2 problems on my hands here. You know on the top of the stereo section how there's a display area which shows the radio station and the temp. and so on.....well, it's getting very hard to see what it says. The lights, or writing that displays the information are not working right--it's broken up. is there anyway i can get that fixed?

I'm also looking into getting rid of the stock stero, and getting a new one with a cd player and possibly xm radio. But, as you probably allready know, the way the radio is shaped is really weird (Like a big square). If I put in a new stereo, then theres gonna be a big gap. Is there something I can buy, that can fill that gap? If there is, then I think this brings up another problem....on the top of the stereo area is the display of the radio stations, and the temp., etc.... (like i told you about in the 1st paragraph) What would happen to that? Would my new headunit work with the lights going out like they are?

Any insight would be great, thanks for the help ahead of time :)

EDIT: It looks like this stereo would fit....what do u think...
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0010529/c-10114

And what if i wanna put something like this in? Would i have to do anything special? (Guess that's sort of my original question) http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0010529/c-10114

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I've moved the thread in here [cheers Jez ;) ] where your questions should get answered, I have a non stock head unit, there is a little oddments box that fills the 3/4 DIN space

clicky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ragtopcav said:
I've moved the thread in here [cheers Jez ;) ] where your questions should get answered, I have a non stock head unit, there is a little oddments box that fills the 3/4 DIN space

clicky
Wow, thank you very much, thats perfect! your help is greatly appreciated!!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts