SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there must be a bad connection from the cd player somewhere because if i hit a bump sometimes my driver side dash speaker cuts out. its really starting to annoy me so i want to find the weak link. its not the speaker, its gotta be the 6 disk because the in dash cd player never cuts out it only happens with the 6 disk on. anyone else had the same issue? where should i look for a bad connection from the 6disk for the left side dash speaker

·
Registered
867 Posts
If the rear speaker cuts out with the front I would start investigating at the changer. If only the front cuts out and both rears are active the problem is in the head unit or the wiring to the single speaker.
My front left is dropping out and I believe it is a problem with the volume control. When I jiggle the volume the sound will come back. I tried spraying tv tuner contact cleaner in there and it was a little better but didn't competely fix the problem. It looks like a tough soldering job to replace the volume control.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GaryG said:
If the rear speaker cuts out with the front I would start investigating at the changer. If only the front cuts out and both rears are active the problem is in the head unit or the wiring to the single speaker.
My front left is dropping out and I believe it is a problem with the volume control. When I jiggle the volume the sound will come back. I tried spraying tv tuner contact cleaner in there and it was a little better but didn't competely fix the problem. It looks like a tough soldering job to replace the volume control.
im not sure if the rear cuts out with it or not, i only notice the left dash. where do i check for the connections with the changer? where are the harnesses that might have a bad connection.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If the cutout happens while using the radio then it's not a changer specific problem. If it only occurs when listening to the changer then the problem points to the cable. It connects the head unit to the changer ending with 13 pin DIN connectors. Try to re-seat the connectors and see what happens as a first step.
Set the fade to the rear but not completely so that the rear speaker are noticable. Then you'll know what's happening when the cutout occurs.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaryG said:
If the cutout happens while using the radio then it's not a changer specific problem. If it only occurs when listening to the changer then the problem points to the cable. It connects the head unit to the changer ending with 13 pin DIN connectors. Try to re-seat the connectors and see what happens as a first step.
Set the fade to the rear but not completely so that the rear speaker are noticable. Then you'll know what's happening when the cutout occurs.
i only notice when using the 6 disk. so you recommend pulling the head unit out and re-seating, disconnect and reconnect the harness. this was what i was going to do but wasnt sure if there were other harnesses i should check for the cd changer. so just one up behind the head unit?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yep, its the biggest connector on the rear of the head unit. You'll need a pair of DIN radio extractors or else you can make your own from coat hangers.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GaryG said:
Yep, its the biggest connector on the rear of the head unit. You'll need a pair of DIN radio extractors or else you can make your own from coat hangers.
already got them from past(din extractors) so i might be checking this out this week. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts