SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the non-harman kardon stereo setup. Does anyone know where the amp is located? I tried the rear passenger side in the trunk, but nothing is there.

If the wiring plugs match, i'm going to purchase the HK amp from ebay and install to see if I can get more power to the speakers. WIS says there is no programming required.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
At bottom of right a-pillar under carpet.
Actually HK amp is no improvement if you do not change speakers to HK version.

·
Super Moderator
1,535 Posts
Is this regarding a 2010-2011 9-5?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is regarding a 2011.

Actually, if they made an HK amp and base amp, then the HK amp will be of better quality with likely more power. So, the existing speakers will sound better by just adding a better amp. There are HK amps on ebay for super cheap so if the wiring matches, i'm gonna try it. Will report back.

·
Super Moderator
1,535 Posts
this is regarding a 2011.

Actually, if they made an HK amp and base amp, then the HK amp will be of better quality with likely more power. So, the existing speakers will sound better by just adding a better amp. There are HK amps on ebay for super cheap so if the wiring matches, i'm gonna try it. Will report back.
Sometimes the resistance of speakers in upgraded systems were not the same as base model versions (2 ohm Bose speakers come to mind). You might be better off finding a donor NG 9-5 that had the HK system and just grab as much if that HK system as you can. I think the upgrade was fairly common, I had it in all three of my NG 9-5s. Or, just go aftermarket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts