SaabCentral Forums banner

Steering wheel removal

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tonyav 
#1 ·
Can any one tell me how to remove air bag, steering wheel, on my Saab 9-3 SS 2.2 TID 2003

Need to replace column control module.

Any advice welcome

#2 ·
you need to release the clips that hold the horn push unit to the steering wheel. you do this by releasing them from behind ( i can't remember if there are 3 or 4 clips ) you should be able to do this if you carefully feel for them using a flat bladed screwdriver, then when the clips are released it just pulls of you can then see the airbag module carefully release this and lift it out. you can then undo the nut that holds your steering wheel.:)

#3 ·
by column control module do you mean CIM ( column integrated module ). if so it is not that simple as the new one has to be set up with tech II so that it is compatible with your car ( so that it recognizes your keys for one thing ). and if you are thinking of using a second hand CIM you must make sure that it has been divorced from the Donner car ( using tec II ) if it hasn't been divorced from the Donner car you will never be able to set it up to your car. your used CIM is then an expensive piece of junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.