SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I can feel a slight play in the steering wheel which is accompanied by a slight click noise.

Its very localised, i.e. inside the cabin, and appears to be close to the wheel itself rather than tucked away under the column. It is only slight, but never the less its annoying because every time you alter the direction of the wheel no matter how minute, you get the feeling of play/slack and the accompanying click noise.

Would fully appreciate any suggestions, or tips.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
check the base of the steering column inside the cabin there might be a loose bolt holding the steering column shaft or something along that nature.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
There is a procedure for removing and greasing the spline junction on the steering column above the brake pedal. I can't recall if it is for the 95 or the 3. Perhaps someone will refer you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2004 9-3 has the same issue and it's REALLY annoying, although doesn't seem to be causing any other problems. I'll check out the suggested repair first chance I get and report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I took a look at it this evening, but I was unable to remove the spline. It looks like the part that needs to come off is half in the cab and half under the hood, and I couldn't get to the bolt to remove it. I might be able to get it off with a longer wrench but it's in a really tight space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts