SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always noticed in my 01 9-5 that the steering wheel seems to be closer to my body on the right and further away on the left, (as if it's panned to the left) it was the same on my old 9-3. A friend of mine used to have an 05 5-series bmw and it was the same in his car. (Steering wheel panned to the left) seemed to be even more pronounced In the bmw. It was like it followed the curve of the dashboard. My 9-5 is the same way

Does anyone have any idea why this is? Is it some kind of safety feature or have some kind of reasoning behind it? Maybe a European car thing? I've always been curious to find out.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I sometimes think the entire assembly is shifted to one side or another, usually to the right, closer to the console. Then I try to sit absolutely in the middle of the seat and it doesn't seem that way any more. (It's easy to be sitting on the left part of the seat because that bolster is lower due to getting in and out of the car.) I should do some actual measurements instead of just eyeballing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts