SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First I'm mechanically challenged so hopefully this question isn't completely stupid..:D

On my 2008 SC the steering wheel is tilted to the right when driving straight. Someone mentioned to me that there is some adjustment under the car that can make it straight?

All I know is that the car is due a new set of tires and an alignment, but the thing is I think that even when that is done the wheel will still be turned to the right a little when driving straight (it's always been this way).

Is there something separate to adjust outside of an alignment that can fix this? I know that you can pull the steering wheel and adjust from there...could this possibly be what the person might have meant? Anything else under the car? The person implied it was a quick easy thing to do.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The shop needs to make sure the SW is strait when they do the alignment. If its not strait when they are done then I would make them redo it. It is all adjusted through the alignment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be a bad ball joint.

If you aren't mechanically inclined, ask the shop that is doing your tires and alignment to do a full check on your suspension and steering components. They should do this before any alignment but you never know.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
When the ball joint in the lower control arm goes bad, the steering wheel will be pulled off center. With an 08 you may not have enough miles for this occurance. Easy to check the joint with a pry bar to detect movement. No M=OK. Then alignment as stated above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts