SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When removing the key from the ignition, I hear a "click click click" from the steering column, and the wheel can still be turned, it is not locked in place. When I insert the key, the familiar "chunk" of the steering wheel unlocking is not present. No SID errors or messages, made several trips of 5+ miles and shorter.

So... I assume it's just an anti-theft feature, so if someone actually got the car started without my key now, they'd be able to steer and drive away. (Probably shouldn't post this publicly, but hey, if you've done your research, good job thief! It's really probably easier to steal a key).

Any other concerns I should have RE my own safety? I assumed if it has failed, it's not going to start working again, let alone while I'm driving (when it's not supposed to engage any way), and maybe magically one day it will start to lock/unlock with the removal of the key. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
probably need a new steering column lock you can get a used one for around $100 or so

·
Registered
675 Posts
At least it's not stuck in the lock position!;ol;

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Try unhooking the battery for like 10 minutes. That fixed mine. And yes I know everyone, you have to reset all the other stuff in the car. But at least the wheel locks again. It's a SAAB after all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts