SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove this thing?
It is stuck in the locked position.
I can't even figure out the allen head size.

Pic of the Steering lock Module attached:

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I got it out.
Allen head size is 5.5mm (you can also try 5.4mm), but I recommend hammering it in a little before you try to turn the bolt.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is there just 1 allen head fastener holding that in place? How big is that unit? I've been curious about that device but since mine never acted up, didn't go diggin in there to check it out. I'm assuming the odd shaped piece, below the allen, extends and retracts into the steering column to lock and unlock?
Thanks for posting the pic. Good job getting it out!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is there just 1 allen head fastener holding that in place? How big is that unit? I've been curious about that device but since mine never acted up, didn't go diggin in there to check it out. I'm assuming the odd shaped piece, below the allen, extends and retracts into the steering column to lock and unlock?
Thanks for posting the pic. Good job getting it out!
Yes there is only one bolt. It’s a 5mm. You drive it clockwise ratcher than in the usual anti clockwise direction. Once the bolt is in all the way (don’t turn it in with force, just until it stops) it will usually wiggle right out. I had one that required a sharp rap in order to free it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts