SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Saab 9-3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steering like malfunction came up a place the ignition in it. Towed it two and a half hours away from me to get it programmed they told me it was the steering lock module in the steering column and they replaced it. Drove it home want to go back out later and start it and showed up again but the first time I cannot unlock steering wheel now steering column is unlocked. Don't know what to do other than put a bullet in it!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Steering like malfunction came up a place the ignition in it. Towed it two and a half hours away from me to get it programmed they told me it was the steering lock module in the steering column and they replaced it. Drove it home want to go back out later and start it and showed up again but the first time I cannot unlock steering wheel now steering column is unlocked. Don't know what to do other than put a bullet in it!!!!! View attachment 282450
Do you have the malfunction warning come up while driving? I had a similar issue that I fixed by cleaning the sliders in the keyswitch module. Never had the issue again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had the exact same issue come up this week and the solution above worked for me - cleaned off the contact points and it was fixed.

This thread and video helped me:

·
Registered
228 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts