SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just purchased my second Saab 9-3. It's an 04 Saab 9-3 Arc I purchased it for $100 from a gentleman that I go to church with who had it at a repair shop and the timing chain broke and bending all the valves my question is is when I pulled the cylinder head I forgot to roll the window up after I had all the parts off I hope the battery back up and tried to turn the key and it would not turn I had a message on the message center that said something about the steering wheel lock malfunction called dealer is this a big issue

·
Super Moderator
2,983 Posts
Steering Column Lock message can be one of a few things in the Theft System. Most commonly it is ignition switch, sometimes CIM (computer behind steering wheel) or sometimes steering column lock itself. I've had luck pulling the battery terminal and waiting 30 mins, however the CIM codes need to be read by a TechII to find the true fault. CIM requires programming if replaced, ISM and SCL do not.
Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do you think the steering column message is because I have the motor apart? The problem didn't appear until I took the motor apart to remove the cylinder head and I forgot to roll the window up and tried to turn the key back on and got this message about the steering column.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts