SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lo all. Newbie alert :D

I've been researching the handling issues with my 2001 9-3 Aero for the last few months, sounds like the same as everyone else...tram-lining, torque steer etc.

I've already had to invest in poly bushes for the Outer control arm (not my first modding choice but one of them had gone anyway) and was researching the steering rack mount & brace, lower strut brace, rear sway bar options.

It appears that most of the best options are not availible in the UK :( KIC Innovations brace, larger diameter sway bar, 6-point sub frame brace etc.

Of course we have the Abbott racing stuff if you can re-mortgage the house to buy them :eek:

My question is, has anyone managed to source the KIC rack mount & brace or any of the other good stuff from the US into the UK and did the customs peeps have a field day or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
sills said:

Of course we have the Abbott racing stuff if you can re-mortgage the house to buy them :eek:

I suppose whilst the dollar is so weak that importing could be good move, but, you're comment regarding Abbott, I'll always gripe about there prices but what you're after is available as the Viggen Rescue Kit from them, and bought together is better value [it is still over £500 though :eek: ]

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
You can order a similar product directly from MPperformance.com, or from (moose relative)parts.com in the UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mike saunders said:
You can order a similar product directly from MPperformance.com, or from (moose relative)parts.com in the UK.
I ordered the control arm bushes from elk and saw the MP brace at that time.
They have since stopped selling them due to "quality issues" and also informed me that the KIC brace will only fit LHD cars..oh well Abbott here we come!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Nah go onto the Mp website and it has a feature of the VRK being fitted to a RHD car...About 3 months ago i got the brace and clamp from MP along with the uprated rear sway bar and the front brace...If i remember right it all cost about £180 including TNTdelivery then a couple of weeks later you will get a bill from the customes for the VAT which was just over £20 so well cheaper than Abbott. Because the dollar is weak at the moment it is well worth doing..don't pay through the nose if you don't have to we get ripped off enough in the country:cheesy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know if the KIC kit from genuine saab will fit the RHD, UK car ??

Cheers

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
MP makes one for the right hand drive cars. their website is down right now, but it'll be up soon probably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts