SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to Luke oven on saabrally and he said that he can make up these steel dif. covers if 10 people commit to buy. $100 bucks or so.

Come on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
steel diff covers already to go from jaamsaab in the uk £85.00 i think with gaskets and bolts!! 6mm steel diff cover

just have to pay for postal costs guys!!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
This is more than just a thick cover:

Steel Rear Diff Cover

Steel Rear Diff Cover: This CAD designed and CNC watercut steel rear differential cover is designed to replace the flimsy stock aluminum one. The 1/4 inch steel plate with TIG welded hump and gussets helps to prevent the flexing of the gearbox case with can cause ring and pinion gear deflection and failure. Fits 5 spds 80-93.
Price: $100

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
identical to the stock one? or to the jamsaab one? Not sure about the latter, never seen one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These plates are the same as the ones that JAMSAAB sell exept for gussets,but knowing Martin at JAMSAAB i am sure gussets could be added,he currently uses these plates on his track car which is currently running in EXCESS of 300bhp!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Count me in.

Hell, yeah! $100 is cheap for at least a little bit of insurance...

1. Nutcase
2. Breakin5Speeds
3. IronJoe
4. Tyler

·
Registered
943 Posts
Why a group buy? They're already $100 if you order individually direct.

Now if you were getting them for $75, then I could see the need for a group buy.

http://saabrally.com/products/

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
amish_geek said:
Why a group buy? They're already $100 if you order individually direct.
Because they aren't on the shelf to buy. He's making a run of them. So if you want one you gotta get on the list.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
How much is posting to Scotland on that?

Just give me the weight and I will find out;)

I was told you need the stronger bolts as well, are they included?

Is this plate stainless or just steel?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is exactly what Luke sent in response to my inquiry,

"... Hi Dan, the diff cover is pretty much a bolt on. It does not come with a new gasket, but the gaskets can be sourced fairly easily. You will need to use slightly different length bolts. The size is the same M8 as used a lot of places on the saab and commonly available at hardware stores too. I am actually sold out of these covers now. I will start a thread and if we can get 10 people to commit to buy I will do another run.

-Luke"

so um, hey, don't forget that I want one too! ;)

Shadow- I PM'd Luke to find out the weight. So, hang in there.

1. Nutcase
2. Breakin5Speeds
3. IronJoe
4. Tyler
5. idiot_saabvant
6. DanF.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
1 - 20 of 104 Posts