SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Use Forever Black next time. It will last longer. Looks good!
Funny you say that. I have some (old?) Forever Black that I purchased a couple years ago but never got around to using. Stopped by the hardware store yesterday to get some foam applicator brushes but they were closed. Continued on to O'Reily's to pick up my spark plugs and saw the Back to Black. Was too lazy to go to Home Depot to get the foam brushes so decided to try the Back to Black. If it fades rather quickly I'll definitely give the Forever Black a whirl. Just wondering whether I should order the "new" formulation or stick w/ what I have. My only fear is the streaking a lot of people complain about.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Funny you say that. I have some (old?) Forever Black that I purchased a couple years ago but never got around to using. Stopped by the hardware store yesterday to get some foam applicator brushes but they were closed. Continued on to O'Reily's to pick up my spark plugs and saw the Back to Black. Was too lazy to go to Home Depot to get the foam brushes so decided to try the Back to Black. If it fades rather quickly I'll definitely give the Forever Black a whirl. Just wondering whether I should order the "new" formulation or stick w/ what I have. My only fear is the streaking a lot of people complain about.
I've never had streaking issues with BTB. I was taught to first scrub the black trim surfaces with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser (just moistened with water), dry off surfaces, then apply BTB. I use a small 6"x6" piece of microfiber cloth to apply the BTB. Those surfaces stay black and w/o streaking for about 2-3 months.

·
Super Moderator
19,132 Posts
i cleaned with ipa. applied. buffed with cloth. applied second coat.

·
Super Moderator
19,132 Posts
Might as well just spray paint it with some trim spray if you are going to go to all that trouble.

·
Registered
736 Posts
"Staying in love...with your car...what do you do."

I remember some previous cars I drove, the gas they wasted, the so-so seats, and so on, well the SC still puts a smile on my face.So no problems here! :cheesy:

·
Registered
490 Posts
"Staying in love...with your car...what do you do."

For me, I don't do much. I try to keep it clean, keep the oil changed and that is about it. What I like more is no car payment. Sure, it would be nice to have a brand new car with all the bells and whistles, a dealer maintenance package, etc. But something about the Saabs, their uniqueness and style keeps me loving the car.

I will also say the seats in the 9-5 Aero may be the most comfortable seats in any car I have ever owned. Great support, and the ventilated feature is awesome. I would like to have Bluetooth and navigation, so eventually I will add that. I figure for around $1000 I could get a descent unit and still come out ahead.

·
Super Moderator
1,927 Posts
WOW. I love this. I have a Titan Grey arc, and I want to do some appearance mods. I didn't know where to start, and seeing this car just gave me a whole bunch of ideas. My wallet trembles in fear.

LOL mine still isn't happy....but I haven't stopped smiling :cheesy:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sometimes simple

Sometimes all it takes for me is a detailing from a plus+++ detail shop. Not just a half ***... Maybe get some new tires, fix those "little things" maybe it's a window switch that doesn't work... a door panel that's loose... Small changes seem to make the most difference for me

·
Registered
398 Posts
I will also say the seats in the 9-5 Aero may be the most comfortable seats in any car I have ever owned. Great support, and the ventilated feature is awesome. I would like to have Bluetooth and navigation, so eventually I will add that. I figure for around $1000 I could get a descent unit and still come out ahead.
I don't have ventilated but I can't agree more with the seats. One day last month I tweaked my back working out in the yard. I couldn't find a comfortable place in bed, in my easy chair, or on the couch. At 2am in a fit of desperation I went out to the car, sat down, and reclined the seat. Finally, I was comfortable. So yes, for that night and the next I slept in my drivers seat. After two days back was fine.

I've had my 2007 9-5 for just short of six months now. I don't have to do much to stay in love with it.

Well, maybe except for that ECU I sent to Mike at Tuning by MPS this week for a stage 1. :cheesy:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts