SaabCentral Forums banner

Stay away from Oscar Strupinski (tyskie)

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Diggs 
#1 ·
This scumbag has ripped off multiple people on this site. He only takes money orders and has had a few good transactions but as of now he is only collecting and cashing money orders and not sending anything out or saying someone else bought it and he sent the money order back to the buyer. I have yet to recieve my money order back but it has been reported lost/stolen so it's worthless.
His name is :
Oscar Strupinski

#4 ·
From Oscar

"i do not have paypal so either money order or western union but i have other members that can vouch for me."

At one time his posts seemed to imply he was a good guy, active member and in good standing.

His phone 1-773-808-9009 no longer accepts incoming calls, "per subscriber" request.

His address is 3040 N. Nashville. Chicago Illinois 60634.

I paid USPS to provide status of the Money Order. Money order was sent on 2/2/15 and deposited on 2/11/15.

No parts yet. Don't expect them. Oscar Strupinski is a thief in my book. $100.00 may not be a lot to some, but it was not intended to be charity him.
Was interested in his used yellow top coils, the silver insert on top of the shifter, and a set of door handles.

Routing on back of money order

>075900575<AssociatedBank<20150213>009651492924>

Partial account # 217335579 (close, but not sure as between the 3 & 5 is blurred).

Hope this helps prevent others from "donating" hard earned dollars to this guy.

#5 ·
You live in Chicago and haven't paid a visit? I wouldn't be making phones calls to the viking powder puff, if the Facebook profile is correct.

#6 ·
I bought a throttle body from him that he claimed was from a 2007 9-3 with only like...20k miles or something ridiculous like that, bought it from him personally unfortunately and he assured me it was from an 07. Get home...it was an 03-06 throttle body...different plate position and different connectors...Ive been hounding him for like 2 months trying to get my money back. I was even willing to drive out to him from Rockford all the way to Chicago to get my refund. He told me that he would paypal me my money back and I would ship it back to him....No paypal eh?

#8 ·
almost traded him a radar detector for the bsr intake glad I didnt

#9 ·
Print out all your correspondence to and from him, be they SaabCentral PMs or Visitor Messages on his Profile page and any e-mails, if any, along with his original "For Sale Ad" in the SC Classifieds. That ad and correspondence constitutes your contract with him, should any of you decide to pursue legal action against him or initiate a payment dispute.

In addition to the above, which applies to everyone doing business here on SC, everyone should take the following precautions:

Try to avoid check and money order transactions on the internet.

In your initial communications with another party to a potential transaction, try to exchange full contact information: Real name, street address, phone number and email address(es).

Before doing business on SC, search this thread using the "Search this Thread" function for the member's name:
Member feedback - review your purchase/sale

Search this subforum, Suspected Marketplace Scammers & Spammers, for the member's name as well.

Review the member's SC Profile Page as you can sometimes see visitor messages that reveal something about the member's past dealings.

None of this will prevent all scamming and chicanery, but you will have done your due diligence to the extent you can.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.