SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anoyone has experienced a starting problem? When it is very humid, my Saab 9-3 2003 (Manual) would only start on the second attempt. I thought is was because of the high degree of humidity at first and because I didn't use the car very often and for very long drive, but yesterday I drove the car pretty much the whole day and when I try starting it this morning, I got the same problem. I would have to turn on the key twice. It is not raining, but the humidity degree is around 68%. Anyone else has the same problem? I spoke to the dealer and they told me that it was normal (once every year, but not every time!) when it was very humid, but I find it very hard to believe for a 2 year old car with 48k km on it. I'm bringing the car to the dealer for a check up, but it would be helpful if someone had experienced the same thing.

Thank you

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the same problem the first summer I owned my 03 Vector (search the forum as several people had the same issue). The problem was gasoline with too much Ethanol (summer grade). I changed where I purchased my gas (only Chevron now) and the problem went away. I have no idea how your gas is formulated, but you may want to check into it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've notice that some morning startups that my would sort of hiccup like it was going to shut off. It has gone away though but I think it was just a gas related problem. Try going to different gas, make sure you've done an oil change... step up gas octane level. Fill up on full tank more regularly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem with my old car (Acura Integra). The starter was probably 10 years old when it started doing it though. The shop said that sometimes when the starters get old, they need a little priming to get going. When I would turn the key the first time, it would click - that's all. It would start perfectly the second time without fail.

Rather than pay for the repair (and the next major service interval) I traded it in on my new 9-3. :cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts