SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i parked my car in a car park tonight done a spot of shopping went back to car and it wouldnt start.it was as if no power was coming from the battery.so i phoned a friend he came gave me a jump start and hew presto it worked.i drove home parked up went out later it wouldnt start again i left it 5 minutes then it started.i am going to get the battery checked tomorrow but does any1 think it could be the alternator or could it have anything to do with the fact i had my big ends replaced.:roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
We have seen a few battery replacements recently :cry:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you think it might be the battery chris?isnt it a bit unusual that sometimes it starts and others it dont?also does the sid nit tell you if there is a prob with the alternator?thanks for the help

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I think the red battery icon would display on the dash if there was a charging problem. It won't display however if the alternator is producing a charge the battery cannot hold. Have you checked the eloctrolite levels in the battery? Some distilled water and an overnight charge may do the trick if you're lucky.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Phone that friend again and borrow his battery to see for sure ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you say it wont display if the alternator is producing a charge the battery cant hold.so you mean by that that the alternator is working but the battery could be knackered?:roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
sjfc 1884 said:
you say it wont display if the alternator is producing a charge the battery cant hold.so you mean by that that the alternator is working but the battery could be knackered?:roll:
Yes, it warns of "not charging" rather than "not holding charge" ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took the car to ats today got battery checked turns out the battery was goosed.got a new battery fitted all seems well again:lol: i hope;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
sjfc 1884 said:
took the car to ats today got battery checked turns out the battery was goosed.got a new battery fitted all seems well again:lol: i hope;)
Great news ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts