SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 1999 Saab SE, V6. Up until now, it's performed flawlessly - but now I am experiencing a starting problem and intermittent stalling. I recently had a 90,000 mile service, and shortly after that is when this problem started. I thought the excessive heat or humidity might be part of the problem, but I seem to have the same issues with starting at various times of the day. The dealership has not been able to pinpoint the source. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Did they change the spark plugs, how do they look? :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Are you getting a Check Engine Light? A lot of stalling problems seem to occur from faulty CPS's (crankshaft position sensor), these tend not to throw CEL's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cps

Thanks for the feedback. There is no check engine light display. The technician suspects it is a faulty crankshaft sensor - though he can't guarantee that is the problem.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Thats a good guess and not too expensive in the US we pay far more for the part over here :cry:

Article : Crankshaft position sensor
PartNo : 9185232
Order Quantity : 1

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
If you wanna do it yourself you can get it on eeuroparts.com for about $40 + shipping.

·
Registered
610 Posts
40+ shipping from europarts, but only 44 from a dealer....just incase you were wondering. maybe it was just the dealer near me that was so cheap for some reason, but id check with your dealer, cause it'll run about the same price and you can put it in the same day that you pick up the part

Nick

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
A fair point, I paid $58 at my dealer when I replaced my CPS though. :(

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I paid $150 just for the part :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts