SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping I could get help with this. I’m looking at a 2004 9-3 with 170k. Issue that the owner stated is that after driving it for a bit the car will not turn back on and he would have to pull the negative terminal on the battery to make it restart. He also stated that he seen a code pop up of cpu. Could anyone give me an idea if I should even put money into this car ? I would be getting a heck of a deal on it but I don’t wanna buy a money pit. Oh also the battery in the vehicle is old. He told me he has not changed it but I did use a multimeter and it only showed 12.1v. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m hoping I could get help with this. I’m looking at a 2004 9-3 with 170k. Issue that the owner stated is that after driving it for a bit the car will not turn back on and he would have to pull the negative terminal on the battery to make it restart. He also stated that he seen a code pop up of cpu. Could anyone give me an idea if I should even put money into this car ? I would be getting a heck of a deal on it but I don’t wanna buy a money pit. Oh also the battery in the vehicle is old. He told me he has not changed it but I did use a multimeter and it only showed 12.1v. Thanks for the help
Forgot to mention I asked if when the vehicle didn’t want to start if he heard the fuel pump or heard any cranking and he said no. Mind you I am going off what he is saying and I’m not sure if he is just telling me this to sell it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts