SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using the car all week with no issues but yesterday the wife came in and said it had been missing. Just thought I would change the leads etc though and see what happened.

Went out to start it today though and it won't catch, cranks over fine but won't fire. Checking everything through though and I have a spark on all 4 plugs and I can see the injectors pumping in fuel when I look through the plug whole. So what stops these cars catching when there is fuel and a spark???

Car is a 1996 2.0 s non-turbo

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
707 Posts
Been using the car all week with no issues but yesterday the wife came in and said it had been missing. Just thought I would change the leads etc though and see what happened.

Went out to start it today though and it won't catch, cranks over fine but won't fire. Checking everything through though and I have a spark on all 4 plugs and I can see the injectors pumping in fuel when I look through the plug whole. So what stops these cars catching when there is fuel and a spark???

Car is a 1996 2.0 s non-turbo

Cheers Chris
EDIT: Nm, didn't catch the bit about the plugs firing fine.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
For combustion to occur we also need air, timing and containment.
Do a compression test and check the chains and belts as necessary.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers fellas

What controls the air on start-up then as I noticed the throtte pot didn't open??

Belts are all fine but how do I check the timing chain, I thought there would be some rattle if this was on the way out too. Is it possible to check the timing whilst the car is not starting?

Will do a compression test tomorrow

Just not understanding why it would just stop at the moemnt which is why I thought it may be electrical

1 - 5 of 5 Posts