SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the starter finally went after 115000 miles.....it died....it was kind of ironic how it happened too....it didnt wanna start right after the car rolled out of the car wash and was parked where it was being preped....after they were all done i go to leave and nothing happened when i turned the key to start....all the lights came up and everything...but no start...so we got the car to start by rolling it and then it was weird cause then she started all day...but like ****...like she barely wanted to start....so the next day i had a new started put in and now she starts up soo quite....no whining sounds....lol....:D

drew

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The starter brushes were probably worn out; replaceable for $10 or so....plus labor.

A computer could electronically measure the starter draw and alert the driver when the unit is ready for rebuild...
This is a wide open field now; The UPS trucks cannot sit and idle any more....And there are more restrictions on the big rigs...Again $10 plus labor.... So their batteries and starters will need more frequent replacement... And they cannot afford break-downs...neither can we..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the starter was in and out in 30 mins....the car was on the lift for one bolt and the rest was simple...lol....i was in and out of the garage in 90 mins...waiting for the part and bull****ting with my mechanic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts