SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first car and I absolutely love it. I bought my 2000 Saab 9-5 Se Wagon 3.0l V6 a couple months ago for only $1200 with 150k miles. I had to fix a hole in the floor, replace the exhaust, and got new tires. It just passed inspection last week. So today I was bored and decided to start detailing the car. I ended up starting with the engine bay. I love cars with nice clean engine bays. So I took my engine cover off and cleaned it and decided it would make an amazing canvas so this design popped in my head and I had to do it. This took me 6 hours to complete. So here is my custom engine cover. Ill take better pictures in the daylight tomorrow. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Welcome, and very nice.
Please complete your profile with your location and car specs so we can get to know you better

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Very nice! Definitely takes some talent for that. You've probably already been told, but if you don't know how old the timing belt is on the v6 change it right away. They need to be done every 60k on those engines. If the belt lets loose there goes your engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not know that. Thank you for telling me! I will change it tomorrow for sure. The advice really helps cause no one except a saab owner knows anything about saabs.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
The timing belt (not the serpentine) is a pretty big job, but you can get tons of advice and how to stuff in the 9-5 section. The forum is invaluable for working on your Saab. It really helped me learn a lot when I had my 9-5 Wagon, silver just like yours but a '99.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Possible, but more effort than it's really worth. The v6 is a good engine. Just like the 2.3 they both have their weak spots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts