SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I at long last have started on the NG900 2.5 V6 i acquired from TFatC, i am going to get the basics done in the next week and get it through it's MOT, then all being well it will either get the Cam's changed, inlet ported, ECU done and maybe the flywheel lightened, or one of my spare 3.0 V6's will be going in, anyway the first thing was to get things cleaned up so i can give it a engine flush and a oil/filter and plug change, it has came up really well and if the weather hold up, i will get the interior change completed tomorrow, chuffed with it so far

Before the Wickes brush cleaner hit it.

and after.

·
Registered
680 Posts
hey, your engine looks great after brushing it! What kind of brush you say?? is it a drill attachment? Can you use it on the plastics and such too?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wickes brush cleaner

Note, brush cleaner NOT paint cleaner, i have been using it for years, way better than Gunk degreaser, brush on, then work in with a brush and then hose off, then when dry, finish of with a detailing spray, all my engines are done with it and the results speak for themselves.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mmm,i think i'll pop into Wickes on the way home from work tomorrow,looks like it brings the engine bay up a treat.

It'll be nice to see a V6 project on the forum,hope you'll be taking lots of pictures as it progresses...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try it and see how you get on, if you have a coil, cover it with cling film first, i then use a watering can filled with hot water to start with, to cover the engine then spray the Wickes cleaner on and work it into everywhere, leave it for a minute and then use the watering can to clean it all of, or use a hose on a fine spray.
Then either let it dry off or dry with rags and give it a once over with trim spray, i find that Tesco's exterior spray is cheap and effective and you just need to give it a wipe over to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Timming Belt V6 2.5

Hi i see you have many v6 saab..... my question is i think my car needs the timming belt change cuz its having being changed for quit some time.... i was wondering how hard this work is and if there is any instruction to do this job.. also my serpintine belt.... thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts