SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing the MP shortshifter and removing the reverse lockout. In doing so, I would like to rig up a switch that would act as turning the key to the "ON" position, since I already have an engine start button. Is this possible? I know there is a sensor in the key, but what if i just left the sensor in the car? Is there some other secuirity defence against doing it? Also, What wires would i have to tap into and connect in order to do it?

Thanks,
Larry

P.S. Picks of everything including new wheels and tires are comming as soon as I finalize everything.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm curious as to what the point of this is? You'd have to have the key in the car anyways. I'm not sure how far away the key can be from the ignition for the little chip to work. Also, how do you plan on locking the doors? With just the fob? I know that when the fob is in the car, there is no way of locking the doors. How about when the key is in the car?

·
Registered
483 Posts
the key has to be pretty close to the "key" antenna for it to recognize the chip is there.

Why would you want to eliminate the key???? isnt that just inviting someone to try and steal the car. I understand without unlocking the doors with the FOB, that the starter interlock will be active, but still IMO its not a good idea, but to each there own

1 - 4 of 4 Posts