SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Saab is: 2001 93 SE Convertible

Yesterday afternoon I stopped at a red light and she stalled. Right at that time my TCS & Check engine light came on and hasn't gone off since, and I stall at idle @ around 300/400 RPM. (pressing the TCS button on/off changes nothing)

Can anyone give me some insight as to what might be happening before I hand over my first born to the dealership :cry:

Thanks in advance gentlemen!

Mike

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your car should not idle at 300 rpm, that's way too low. It should idle around 800 rpm. You should first check your throttle body and clean it out of any debris. Not familiar with your car, but cleaning a throttle body is a very easy job on 90% of most cars and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. If it only happens when you come to a stop then it's probably the charcoal canister that's installed to catch fuel vapor. This happened on my mom's Camry a while back and when she would stop at a light it would stall and after checking everything she finally took it to the dealer and she had a leak in the charcoal canister. Due to it being part of the fuel system the computer cut the fuel which then caused the car to shut off. That is not a DIY type of job unless you are really good with working on cars. I'm pretty sure you have to drop the tank. So I say start with the throttle body and see what happens.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Maybe a MOD would move this to the Workshop where it should really be,,,for the sake of more exposure....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts